Supreme Court Docket
Number 16 / June 23, 2003
Contents: Telecommunications Act of 1996 Preemption.
Number 15 / June 16, 2003
Contents: Bankruptcy Chapter 13 Cram Down Interest Rates.
Number 14 / June 9, 2003
Contents: Clean Air Act Preemption.
Number 13 / May 27, 2003
Contents: Warsaw Convention Air Carriers Liability for Aggravation of Passengers Preexisting.
Number 12 / May 19, 2003
Contents: Employment Discrimination Civil Rights Act Statute of Limitations.
Number 11 / Apr. 21, 2003
Contents: 1) Age Discrimination in Employment Act Reverse Discrimination.
2) Securities Act Subject Matter Jurisdiction Coverage of Fixed-Return Sale-Leaseback Contract as Investment Contract.
3) Analysis of Supreme Court's Decision in State Farm v. Campbell.
Number 10 / Mar. 10, 2003
Contents: Telecommunications Act of 1996 - Antitrust Violations.
Number 9 / Feb. 24, 2003
Contents: 1) Americans with Disabilities Act Employment Discrimination Rights of Employee Terminated for Drug Use.
2) Clean Air Act EPA Oversight of State Permitting Decisions.
Number 8 / Jan. 24, 2003
Contents: National Bank Act Removal State-Law Usurious Interest Claims.
Number 7 / Jan. 17, 2003
Contents: 1) Public Utilities Preemption Recovery of Rates Allocated by FERC.
2) Equal Protection Clause Differential Taxation.
Number 6 / Jan. 10, 2002
Contents: 1. Insurance State Regulation Foreign Affairs Doctrine Due Process Commerce Clause.;
2. Arbitration FAA Preemption Use of State Law Procedures to Allow Class-Wide Arbitration.;
3. Trade Regulation Unfair Practices First Amendment Commercial Speech.;
4. Fair Labor Standards Act Removal.;
5. Dormant Commerce Clause Congressional Exemptions Milk Pricing And Pooling.;
6. Employment Retirement Income Security Act Applicability of the Treating Physician Rule.;
7. Lanham Act Reverse Passing Off Consumer Confusion and Damages.;
8. Employment Discrimination Mixed-Motive Cases Direct Evidence Requirement.
Number 5 / Dec. 2, 2002
Contents: Fourteenth Amendment Equal Protection Affirmative Action in University Admissions.
Number 4 / Nov. 12, 2002
Contents: Public Concessions Contracts Applicability of the Contract Disputes Act of 1978.
Number 3 / Nov. 04, 2002
Contents: 1) Class Action Settlements Collateral Attack on Adequacy of Representation.
2) First Amendment Fraud Claims Charitable Fundraisers.
Number 2 / Oct. 15, 2002
Contents: Arbitration Agreements Enforceability of Arbitration Clauses That Limit Punitive Damages.
Number 1 / Oct. 01, 2002
Contents: 1) Americans with Disabilities Act - Application of 15-Employee Threshold to Professional Corporation.
2) Appellate Procedure - Cross Appeal - Timeliness.
Click here to read Supreme Court Docket Reports from 2001 Term.
Mayer Brown Supreme Court Docket Reports provide information and
comments on legal issues and developments of interest to our clients and
friends. They are not a comprehensive treatment of the subject matter covered
and are not intended to provide legal advice. Readers should seek specific
legal advice before taking any action with respect to the matters discussed.