Supreme Court Docket
Number 14 / June 25, 2007
- Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act--Medical Device Amendments--Federal Preemption
- FAA Authorization Act--Regulation of Motor and Air Carriers--Preemption of State Law
- Internal Revenue Code--Deductibility of Investment Advice Fees
Number 13 / June 18, 2007
- ERISA--Scope Of Civil Enforcement Actions
Number 12 / June 11, 2007
- Employment Discrimination--Evidence--Nonparty Testimony of Discrimination
Number 11 / June 04, 2007
- Age Discrimination--Requirement of an EEOC Charge--Intake Questionnaire
- Number 10 / May 29,
- Federal Arbitration Act -- Ability To Contract For More Expansive Judicial Review of Arbitration Awards
- State Taxation -- Railroad Valuation Methodologies
- Court of Federal Claims -- Jurisdiction -- Waiver of Statute of Limitations Defense
Number 9 / May 21, 2007
- Dormant Commerce Clause—State Taxation
- Commodities Regulation—Statutory Standing For Violations of Commodities
Number 8 / March 26, 2007
- Securities Fraud—Rule 10b-5—Liability of Third Parties When Issuer Knowingly Engages in Fraud.
Number 7 / January 22, 2007
- CERCLA—Right to Seek Contribution from Other Potentially Responsible Parties.
- ERISA—Plan Termination—Existence of a Fiduciary Duty to Consider Plan Merger Rather Than Purchase of an Annuity.
- Foreign Sovereign Immunity Act—Removal to Federal Court—Definition of “[A]gency or Instrumentality of a Foreign State”—Appellate Jurisdiction Over Remand Order.
Number 6 / January 16, 2007
- § 1983 Actions—Fee-Shifting—Definition of a “Prevailing Party.”
- Federal Jurisdiction—Removal—Federal Officer Removal Statute.
- Tax Law—Scope of Tax Court Jurisdiction Over Claims To Abate Interest.
Number 5 / January 8, 2007
- Employment Discrimination—Title VII—Liability for Bias of Subordinate
- Private Securities Litigation Reform Act—Inferences of Intent.
- Clean Water Act and Endangered Species Act—Scope Of Requirement Not To
Harm Endangered Species.
- Administrative Law—Judicial Deference to Agency Interpretations—Exempt
Employees under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Transportation—Application of Carmack Amendment to Multimodal Shipments.
Number 4 / December 7, 2006
- Antitrust Law—Implied Immunity.
- Sherman Act—Vertical Maintenance of a Minimum Resale Price.
Number 3 / October 27, 2006
- Patent Act—Supply of Components for Foreign Combination—Software.
Number 2 / October 9, 2006
- Bankruptcy Law—Creditors’ Right to Contract for Attorneys’ Fees.
Number 1 / September 26, 2006
- Dormant Commerce Clause—Flow Control of Solid Waste—Publicly Owned
- False Claims Act—Whistleblower/Qui Tam Provision—Original Source Rule.
- Consumer Credit—Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA)—Definitions of “Willful Noncompliance” and “Adverse Action.
Click here to read Supreme Court Docket Reports from
Mayer Brown Supreme Court Docket Reports provide information and
comments on legal issues and developments of interest to our clients and
friends. They are not a comprehensive treatment of the subject matter covered
and are not intended to provide legal advice. Readers should seek specific
legal advice before taking any action with respect to the matters discussed.