Supreme Court Docket
- Number 14 /
June 23, 2008
- Antitrust/Telecommunications—Section 2 Price Squeeze Claims
- Title VII—Pregnancy Discrimination Act—Treatment of Preenactment Leaves
- Number 13 /
June 9, 2008
- Procedural Default—Independent and Adequate State Grounds—Punitive Damages.
- Number 12 /
April, 21 2008
- International Trade--Administrative Law--Antidumping Duties.
- Number 11 /
April, 14 2008
- Administrative Law--Cost-Benefit Analysis--Clean Water Act.
- Number 10 /
March, 17 2008
- Administrative Law--Arbitrary and Capricious Agency Action--Indecency on Television.
- FAA--Subject Matter Jurisdiction Over Petitions To Compel Arbitration.
- Number 9 /
February 19, 2008
- Arbitration--Enforceability of Arbitration Clause in Collective Bargaining Agreement in Discrimination Suit.
- ERISA--Divorce and Change in Beneficiaries--Qualified Domestic Relations Orders.
- First Amendment--Nonmember Payment of Union Service Fees.
- Number 8 / January
- Federal Cigarette Labeling and Advertising Act--Express and Implied Preemption of State Law Claims.
- Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act--Preemption of State-Law Tort Claims.
- ERISA--Plan Administrators and "Structural" Conflicts of Interest.
- Employment Law--Age Discrimination In Employment Act--Burden of Persuasion.
- Employment Law--Title VII--Scope Of Anti-Retaliation Provision.
- Standing and Ripeness--Direct challenge to agency regulations.
- Number 7 / January
- Civil RICO--Whether reliance by the plaintiff is a required element of a civil RICO claim.
- Article III Standing--Assignment of claim for purposes of collection.
- Number 6 /
December 7, 2007
- Americans with Disabilities Act -- Definition of "Reasonable Accommodation."
- Bankruptcy Code -- Tax Exemption for Pre-Confirmation Asset Transfers.
- Number 5 / December 3, 2007
- Sovereign Immunity--Indispensable Parties.
- Tucker Act--Recovery Of Tax Overpayments and Interest
- Number 4 / November 20, 2007
- Labor Law-Federal Preemption-Preemption of State Law Prohibiting Use of State Funds by Private Employers in Union Organizing Campaigns.
- Number 3 / October 29, 2007
- Maritime Law--Punitive Damages.
- False Claims Act--Liability for Allegedly False Claims Not Presented to the Federal Government.
- Number 2 / October 15, 2007
- Federal Money Laundering Statute--Meaning of the Term "Conceal".
- Number 1 / September 25, 2007
- Federal Preemption--Preemption of State Law that Predicates Maintenance of Tort Suit on Allegations of Fraud on a Federal Agency.
- Federal Arbitration Act--Preemption of State-Law Administrative Exhaustion Requirement.
- Intellectual Property--Patent Exhaustion Doctrine.
- Employment Discrimination--Race Retaliation under Section 1981.
- Employment Discrimination--Age Discrimination in Employment Act--Facial Discrimination and Inference of Discriminatory Intent.
- Federal Power Act--FERC Regulatory Power.
- State Taxation--"Unitary Business Doctrine."
- Internal Revenue Code--Return of Capital Rule.
Click here to read Supreme Court Docket Reports from 2006 Term.
Mayer Brown Supreme Court Docket Reports provide information and
comments on legal issues and developments of interest to our clients and
friends. They are not a comprehensive treatment of the subject matter covered
and are not intended to provide legal advice. Readers should seek specific
legal advice before taking any action with respect to the matters discussed.